Thursday, May 14, 2015

Forest of Reading Winners!

The Ontario Library Association has announced the winners for this year's Forest of Reading Awards.

In the middle grade category (Silver Birch), the winner is THE NIGHT GARDENER by Jonathan Auxier.

I didn't manage to read all the nominees for the 2015 Silver Birch Award, but I really enjoyed the ones I did manage to read. My favourites were:

SEPTEMBER 17 by Amanda West Lewis

ME AND MR. BELL by Philip Roy










In the picture book category (Blue Spruce), the winner was THE DAY MY MOM CAME TO KINDERGARTEN by Maureen Fergus and Mike Lowery. What a fun story!


I read (or have heard read aloud) most of the picture book nominees, and I'm so glad I didn't have to pick a winner, because they were all amazing!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).